Friday, December 25, 2015

Birthday Blooms for Totally Techniques

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
Wishing you a wonderful day filled with Love and Laughter with those you love.
totally techniques banner
Today I’m going to share my version of the Masking Tape Technique with you. I did it a bit differently but just could not get this image out of my head…so here goes. lol
birthday bloom maksing tape technique december
This is what I did for the Background using Masking Tape/Painters Tape.
As you can see I attached the tape to the blocks. then I stamped into the ink pads. You’re going to have ink on the blocks as there isn’t any padding so be ready with a baby wipe of wet paper towel to remove the excess ink from the block…not the tape. I wanted to mimic a wall I had seen and thought was so cool.
maksing tape on blocks
The colors I chose are Blushing Bride and Smoky Slate. I think I love these two colors together. Do you?
I do love how graining the background came out….kind of reminds me of linen or a fabric of sorts.
The image is from a new Set called Birthday Blooms that will be available in the New Occasion's Catalog coming out soon. I stamped it with Black Stazon on Watercolor Paper cut to 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 and colored it in with an Aqua Painter and Re-inkers or straight from the lid of the ink pads. In this case I used Blushing Bride for the Flower and added a bit of Watermelon Wonder. The leaves were done using Garden Green and Always Artichoke to give it some depth.
I stamped the sentiment in Smoky Slate to match the stripes.
Hope you enjoyed my little twist on the “Masking Tape Technique” and will give it a try.
Please make sure to visit these lovely Design Team Members from all over the world. They are amazing!!
totally techniques next button
New Occasions Catalog is coming soon, so stay tuned or let me know if you don’t have a Demonstrator & I’ll send you a copy of it & the Sale-a-Bration Catalog as well.
Here are all of the Products I used today minus the “Birthday Blooms” as it is not available as yet.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Merry Christmas Everyone!! Smile

post signature

5 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Wow Lee!! This is simply beautiful! Love the color choices, fantastic design. Have a very Merry Christmas! :)

heather wright-porto said...

oooh la la - love it Lee!!!! :D :D :D

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors. I've used the painter's tape before but never got the clean lines like you have. I'll give it another try using the tape on a block.

irishgalkelly said...

Really pretty Lee! Love those two colors together. Such a cool look for your background. Gosh, gonna have to try this. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!

Patrice said...

Gorgeous card Lee :-) love the colour combination. I wondered how you got your lines so perfect, thanks for sharing such a great tip, will be giving that a go.