Friday, February 26, 2016

Bouncing Brayer Technique Meets Balloon Celebration

Hi Everyone,
It's time for Totally Techniques. 

This week's Challenge or Technique is Bouncing Brayer
I've not done this technique before and it was fun trying different ways to do it. I finally decided to do it straight across and in two colors. Hope you like it. 


So here is how this went.....it was sort of hit and miss with colors for me as I'm so monochromatic sometimes. lol 
So to mix it up like this is strange for me .... but in the end ...I kink of like the way this turned out. 
I inked up my brayer with soft Sky and bounced it on the paper going from top to bottom with the Soft Sky. I then decided it needed more color so added So Saffron to finish my blend of Bouncing Brayer. 
I then stamped matching Balloon as I have to be matchie-matchie....right? lol
Didn't look exactly the way I wanted it so I added a green balloon using Wild Wasabi but stamping off first to make the balloon a bit lighter.
The balloons are two-step stamps and I stamped in same colors for each balloon. Love how the little specks show up with the 2nd stamp. 

I stamped the balloons and punched them out using the matching punch that goes with the bundle. How sweet and easy is that. Makes this girl happy!

Did you notice that the colors are a bit muted? Well they are....I wanted the card to be just a bit softer so I added a piece of vellum to it as an overlay. That made me happy :)
...and you know what...the vellum was cut exactly right except it was longer...perfect! I scored the extra piece and folded it over the top with and taped to the back. No tape showing on this card. Yay! Perfect Vellum solution. 
Then I added a bit of tape under the banner on the back side of it to keep it down.


I did the banner in the Wild Wasabi Ink to tie in that little stray balloon so I'm matchie -matchie again.  lol
Finished it off with a little White Bakers Twine and called it a day. 
I hope you like it! I think I'm going to try another as I really did have fun with this. 

Want to see what the rest of the Design Team are up to? I know I do!



Thanks for stopping in. 
See you next time!

post signature

13 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty Lee! I love the vellum overlay...perfect for muting the colors just a big. Love your CAS design! :)

Kim Baker said...

So pretty and soft. I love it! Will have to try this technique now!

Sandi MacIver said...

I love your idea of placing the vellum overlay on it, it looks so soft and lovely when you do that, beautiful card my friend.

Alison said...

Oh...this is absolutely gorgeous Lee. I really love the vellum overlay. I was thinking this would be a beautiful design for a baby card and the colours would be perfect! So pretty!

Alison said...

Oh...this is absolutely gorgeous Lee. I really love the vellum overlay. I was thinking this would be a beautiful design for a baby card and the colours would be perfect! So pretty!

Card Bomb said...

This is so fun!! I've never seen this technique before and I love how it came out. Beautiful card Lee!
-Maria

Patrice said...

Love what you did with this months technique :-) love how you added the vellum overlay, great tip about how you adhered it too.

Shelagh Freemantle said...

I may have to case this beauty.... What a fabulous creation.

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. I like the colors you used. Perfect to use the vellum to mute colors.

Unknown said...

I love your card Lee and in fact it makes me want to go and case it right now,lol.

Unknown said...

That overlay of vellum is so nice! Love your card! Xx Erna

Nadine said...

Hi Lee,
looks great doing them straight in two colors!

Wenni Donna said...

I really liked the idea of vellum overlay and this is a gorgeous card. Thanks a lot for sharing these photos here. I attended an engagement party recently at Chicago venues and they had used vellum overlay technique for place cards. It was looking superb.